More Ice

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

From the same Tieton River ice as the previous two.

Specific Feedback

Anything.

Technical Details

5DMKIV; 24/70 @45; 8.0; 1/320th; 1600 ISO; WB: cloudy; HH;

1 Like

Jim, nature sure has away of producing some incredible opportunities for us outdoor photographers. However, it takes a very keen composition detective to seek out and find those natural world opportunities. Overall, one must be out there to take advantage of these scenes… :sunglasses:
For me, it’s all about the twisted structure and multitude of unending lines to follow… :+1: :+1:

Definitely two witches having a hearted argument. Very well seen and composed. Did you take this from above?

2 Likes

I did take it from above.

1 Like

@Paul_Breitkreuz Thanks for the comment. I fully agree. I love being “out there” regardless of the weather. Sometimes the harshest weather produces the most dramatic opportunities. @Mike_Friel Greet interpretation. I did not see the witches until you pointed them out.

1 Like

This is a cool shot Jim. I love the grains running throughout the witches wardrobes. Great eye to see and nice work to capture the details.

Congratulations on the EP @Jim_Gavin Jim!

Beautiful image; nicely seen.

Wonderful!! Amazingly 3D!! All said above!

Thank you.

Jim, another excellent ice shapes image. You had a great session with this ice. The shapes here are wondeerful.

What a great find, Jim. This made me think of a cover for a science fiction novel with weird towers or ice mountains. A very good composition.

Thank you everyone for your nice comments.

Jim: My favorite of your ice images so far. You really worked this subject well. Very nicely seen, composed and captured. >=))>

Really loving this one, Jim. @Mike_Friel, you’ve got me laughing out loud. I didn’t see that until you mentioned it. Great catch. I really love the curves and the lines and I also like the color you settled on. Well seen and composed.

@David_Haynes Thanks you.
@Bill_Fach Thank you so much for you comments and the EP!

:+1: :+1:
Congratulations on the well deserved EP selection, Jim… :cowboy_hat_face: