ICEMAN + Repost

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

19 degrees F this morning so I looked for ice. Found some along the Tieton river. It was overcast and not much light so 1600 ISO.

Specific Feedback

Just about anything.

Technical Details

5D MK IV; 24/70 at 70; (HH); 9.0; 1.320th; ISO 1600; WB: cloudy.

2 Likes

Definitely ghostly, Jim, a good find. I would suggest either some dodging of the darkest bits along the top or cropping them, to put even more attention on the ghost.

Hi Jim,
I really like this image. Great find! I agree with Mark. I find the dark areas at the top left/center are a bit distracting. When I’m looking at this page and scroll down to cut out the top I think it brings more attention to the Iceman.

Oh, that sounds cold, but I guess that is what’s needed for the beautiful ice image. It cooled down here by 20 degrees from our mid 70’s yesterday.

I really like this and I think Mark has a good suggestion. Nice.

@Mark_Seaver @Shirley_Freeman @Glenn_Tunaley Thanks for the comments.

I cropped the top and removed a dark area in middle (it’s the top of a rock).

Jim: What a great find! I do like your repost but the original looked good to me as well. I might be tempted to tame the blue a bit by increasing exposure/warmth a bit as overall my first impression was it’s a little dark. Well seen, composed and captured. >=))>

PS: I edited your title to reflect the repost. It’s always good if you do so to let folks know to revisit the image.