Crooked and straight

The old me and my straight brothers

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is more than welcome

Technical Details

2 Likes

I quite like this composition, Ben. And the fog and light really help too. I know you mentioned crooked and straight in the title…but my eyes keep going to the background where the majority of the trees are leaning to the left. It gives the feeling that the whole scene is leaning…not sure it is though. Maybe it’s an optical illusion. In any case, I like how you’ve placed the old one in the foreground. Nicely seen.

1 Like

Wonderful light and composition Ben. The fog adds a sense of mystery creating a ghostly effect with the background trees.

This light is a bit different than how most of your images look. I guess winter has come to the Netherlands. Very apt title. Personally I like the hook in the center right.

A cooler glow than I’m used to with your images, Ben. Although, I do see a little bit of warm light in the background on the side of the image. I love the title that you gave this. It’s so fitting. That foreground tree is definitely crooked. This is just a thought but I feel like maybe you could crop off the bigger trees on the left side of the image. There is something about those taller leaning trees on the left that pulls the eye a bit. Just a thought.

This reminds me of any number of mysterious scenes in The Lord of the Rings. In particular the forest of talking trees. The atmosphere you’ve caught is just fantastic.

@David_Bostock , @Eva_McDermott , @Igor_Doncov , @David_Haynes , @Mark_Muller I am way too late with my response at your comments and suggestions.Thank you they were very helpful .