Customized by Nature

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Another delightful find I stumbled on while stalking turkeys a few years ago. (The turkeys were not nearly this attractive.)

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 8.14.13 PM

This is just the raw file with some global adjustments – no need to go into PS with it. No NR or sharpening. Slight crop. From the metadata I’m pretty sure I was handholding.

Diane, before turning my recreational energy to photography I was a car nut. I spent 20+ years drag racing throughout western states over the years. So, I can still enjoy items from that world / era. During those days I had the Chevy version of the Ford 350 size truck to haul my race car. This is a fun look at that world… :cowboy_hat_face:

btw: as both my brothers and I owned Chevy El Camino at one time, Ford had the Ranchero of course, I saw an update somewhere a week ago that said that Chevy is releasing the El Camio again after all these years. It will have both a base model and an SS version. I think it also showed the darn thing was going to have around 400 HP too… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I like this old badge and especially the leaf and the way you used those and the seams to frame it. Not much else needed to tell this story. I’ll have to dig through some of my archives…I’m sure there’s something similar lurking.

And, Paul, you were a drag racer??!! That is so excellent.

1 Like

Diane, I’m gonna guess and say this truck is from the late 60’s to early 70’s. I like how you got in the two tone colors. The F350 is (was) one hell of a work horse. I have a 66, F250. I brought it back from the dead and now drive it once in a while.
The rust and old spider webs tell the story of this old girl. It would be nice to bring her back. The stories she could tell.
I like the title!
Is that what has happened to me, I’ve been CUSTOMIZED, LOL

This brings back memories. I learned to drive in red and white Ford pickup. It probably wasn’t a 350, though.

Thanks, @Paul_Breitkreuz, @Kris_Smith and @SkipsPics – glad it resonates with you! And a great observation, John – so have I!

I should go back and see if this is till there – I’m pretty sure I can find it if it is. The decorations will have changed.

Thats the nature of Nature. Time changes everything constantly. That would be nice to see a re -take of this pic after some time has gone by to see the changes.
Good luck Diane.