Dinner With a Twist

I love it when the Herons catch a sea worm because the worm will twist ever which way in a futile attempt to escape but will make the heron crazy trying to win the battle.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D810, 80-400 @400mm, f/6.3, 1/1000, ISO 200

Some ACR masking

1 Like

Great action of this Little Blue, I believe. Exposure looks good.
Do you have more of the reflected head ? If not, I would consider cropping this part out
Also, do you have a little more space to the right ? Just a little, to give it a little more space

I could stretch the right a tad but I trimmed it down because it left half ripples that I didn’t like. As to the reflected head, I cropped it out because it looked really funky.

Great action, Chris. The detail is superb. I was going to make pretty much the same suggestions Karl did. It is tough when the head reflection gets rippled, but this crop makes it look as if you missed the framing on the bottom, so you might want to include a bit of the funkiness.

Nice action and the way his quarry is wriggling in his mouth also adds some sense of aesthetic. The colors are also good and the lack of blown out highlights on a sunny day are always a difficult task and you did well with that. I agree that the clipped head in the reflection feels a little strange.

1 Like