Farewell 2018

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G @ 250mm, 12mmXT
ISO 400, 1/60 @ f16
I wandered outside today and didn’t find much to shoot but my old faithful rose bush did not disappoint. Had a little breeze to contend with but got a calm enough moment to get the f16 that I wanted. 2018 was a challenging year for me physically and I’m glad its soon to be in the rear view mirror. 2018 was challenging for NPN as well but things are going better and I’m looking forward to 2019. All comments welcome. >=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Lovely, Bill. F/16 worked very well for this.

Beautiful capture, great photo for the New Year. I was a little uncomfortable with the downward direction of the flower so I set it upright and burned in the sepals and stem a little.

Don

Don: Thanks for the input and I like your flip. The flower was oriented as presented as the stem it’s on is quite long and full of buds and other flowers. I just decided to leave it in its natural orientation. >=))>

Bill,

What a beauty! Gorgeous portrait. Love the colors of the rose, but perhaps just as much is the understated natural, and deep greens of the bg. Great job with selective and depth of focus.

My immediate thought was the same as Don’s. I suspected it was in it’s natural orientation - and perhaps the best reason to leave as is. For me though, unless this was going more abstract, I too feel less comfortable with this leaning over (despite it being in it’s real state.)

Lon

As is works for me. No nits at all. The colors are luscious and the BG suitably blurred.