Flower’bed’! & repost & another repost different crop

(https://images.naturephotographers.network/original/3X/6/1/61df845959d13ca9fbad14b23bf02a7874bd5044.jpeg)

Pano crop per @David_Leroy

This honeybee looked like she was very comfy laying in the flower while getting pollen, for a brief moment!

Specific Feedback Requested

Which crop do you like better? Square up close or 8x11 the original size? Also in the square one I cloned a bit of the flower in the lower right corner. Does it look ok? Anything else as always!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
260mm
1/1000
f/6.3
ISO 200
Adjusted slightly for whites, blacks, exposure, contrast

Vanessa, I like the square crop best, as you can see the bee much better. He does look like he is comfortable and taking a break from gathering pollen. In the square image I think I am seeing the clone stamp in the bottom right.

1 Like

Hi @Shirley_Freeman ! I like the square crop too! And I’m terrible at cloning/healing! Here’s the image without trying to clone/heal …

Vanessa, I think you do very well considering you do your edits on a tablet! I have pretty good size computer screen, and I struggle with cloning too. I think it looks fine without the clone.

1 Like

Really good focus on the bee with lots of detail. Nicely done. My preference for a crop is the last one with no cloning. But there are lots of options available to you for what you want to show. An option I might look at would be the last version you posted but as a pano eliminating the bottom flower.
The flowers look like white wild roses. Raspberries??

1 Like

Thanks @Shirley_Freeman always for your feedback and encouragement! @David_Leroy here it is with your suggestion for pano crop which I think I like best. It gives the bee more room. The only reason I cloned was I was anticipating people saying that the flower was too bright! I have no idea what these flowers are and had asked before on another post but didn’t get a definitive answer. There have been fields of these everywhere like it’s some kind of a crop for the bees because there’s also beehives that I’ve noticed. These flowers are all dried out now. Here’s a wider picture for illustration have you seen this before ?..

1 Like

I like the pano very much. Good suggestion from @David_Leroy. Looks like you had lots of flowers to work with, and probably a few bees.

1 Like

Yeah! @Shirley_Freeman fortunately there were quite a few bees at the edge of this field!

1 Like