Green Day

This was at a Nature Preserve where they have a dedicated frog pond. I’ve seen quite a few varieties. It’s fun when they’re watching you, they seem so curious!

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
300mm
1/500
f/6.3
ISO 400
Cropped and adjusted exposure

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, this made me laugh when I saw it. Your depth of field is spot on.
I like how the colors of the frog are the same as those of the one…super camouflage. The eyes are very compelling. This image cracks me up the more I look at the frog. Great job.

1 Like

Thanks, so much, Chris, for your kind words! I’m so glad this gave you a good laugh! I love animals and all their cute, funny ways!

Vanessa, this is a fine look at a Green Frog (that’s the species) surrounded by the green Duckweed. This is one instance where centering the subject works well as it makes the subject commanding. The very dark water is a plus.

1 Like

Thanks @Mark_Seaver for telling me the species of frog that is! And I wasn’t sure what the green stuff in the water and that he got on his head was! Wow! Whoever named the frog was pretty imaginative! Ha! (that was sarcasm)

Vanessa: You may confuse his curiosity with sizing you up as a giant bug and his next meal :wink:. Great find and I agree with Mark regarding the centered comp. :+1: :+1:>=))>

1 Like

Ha! Ha! @Bill_Fach I should be more careful around frogs! Thanks for looking and your feedback!

As everyone has said, this is a well-done image. Perspective is superb. Good job on the composition.

1 Like

Vanessa, I agree with the others that this is a well done image, and it certainly fits the WC. I love the eye contact.

1 Like

Thank you, both @David_Schoen and @Shirley_Freeman for liking my frog friend!

1 Like

Vanessa, your frogs are improving in leaps and bounds (sorry!). Love the contrasting greens.

1 Like

Ha! @Mike_Friel thanks for looking and liking my frog!

I agree Chris, this picture has a nice subtle atmosphere to it which makes me happy I am part of this tiny world… - Thanks Vanessa!!

1 Like

Aww… That’s so kind of you to say, Tom @tom2m ! I’m so glad it makes you happy! And that I was able to actually capture a unique moment and share it with others!