Hooked

Some days ago during a walk in the city park close to my home, I saw this leaf and liked it so much that I had to stop and take a photograph.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

1/800, f/2.8, ISO 400, Olympus OM-D E-M1X camera with 40-150 lens at 95 mm (190 mm equiv.), hand held

1 Like

I love the subject, how it is softly back lit from the LS and the subtle colors. On first glance, it looks like the leaf is floating. Then I thought that maybe the spider web is holding in place. Then I saw that a thorn had pierce the leaf ever so slightly. This is a very nice find.

Nice Ola. I really like images that force an exploration to determine what they are or how they are captured. This is lovely with the pastel colours, the thorn through the leaf, and espeically the fine detail of the spider web. Great shot. Cheers.

Wow, I love this, Ola. It is so subtle on first look. Then opening up the larger version Iā€™m drawn into the details. Really well done.

WOW!! This is absolutely cosmic!! Every detail is perfect!! This is one to frame and hang!

Oh, I LOVE this! Your framing using the OOF background branches is perfect. The tiny spine that caught the leaf is so wonderful, as is the eaten-away part of the leaf.

1 Like

@David_Bostock, @Diane_Miller, @David_Starr, @Bonnie_Lampley and @Phil_G thanks for your very kind comments. What you point out is what I also like about the image and to me it is one of my favorites this year.

1 Like