Hummingbird reaching back for a sip

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I’m always amazed at being able to stop the movement of a hummingbird and see some of the incredible positions they can do while flying. On this image the hummer seems to be reaching back for the flower. Happy to have captured the pose. Cropped to a square-ish aspect ratio as it seemed to fit the shape of the flower and where the hummer came in.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Olympus EM-1 Mark II, 300mm f/4
1/200, f/14, ISO 200

4 flashes at 1/16.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

All around nice image and does capture their magic. They impress me as well. They are my definition of mobility and I think one of the last to depart the evolutionary train. Thank You

Joyful! It’s both beautiful and technically perfect. The square-ish crop does work well.

Beautiful composition, Keith. The arc of the raceme works extremely well with the arc of the hummer’s body and the wing position fits right in with the rest.

This is such a dynamic image, Keith. I am very happy to be able to see the eye of the hummer. And even though playing a supporting role, I really like the background with that darker green vertical variation. I think it is just a genius image design.

Great pose to freeze and nice composition to boot.

Amazing image. Really like the pose on this one. Love to see an article on how you set all this up.