Ice Age

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G @ 230mm
ISO 200, 1/1250 @ f8
Matanuska Glacier, Glenn Highway, Alaska
On our 2017 Alaska trip we drove from Seward to Wrangel St Elias NP on the Glenn Highway. It seemed I stopped every quarter mile for another view of the glacier. From this vantage point and with the atmospherics over the mountains it was pretty easy to imagine the ice age. All comments welcome. >=))>

I recognized this scene immediately, Bill! As you mentioned, there are a lot of places along the highway that you can find a view of the Matanuska Glacier and this is one of the better ones. I like your composition in this one. It really shows off those very impressive mountains in the background. It looks very cold also!

A beautiful scene, Bill. It does look cold. You sure had a great vantage point and the atmosphere was working well to provide the fog/clouds right down to the peaks of the snow capped mountains.

Bill, a fine look at this glacier and the background mountains. The clouds and cloudy sky add some nice extra drama. I think some mid-tone dodging/burning on the green hillsides might let the greens add an alternative color.