Ice Figure

This is a small section of ice from my pond with colors from the water lily leaves below the surface. While I took this as a horizontal, rotating it to vertical lets me imagine a figure in the red/oranges. A six shot stack for sharpness in the ice, (7D2, 180 mm macro, 1/4 s, f/16, iso 400, tripod, cable release and polarizer).

3 Likes

You have found a Picasso on the ice. :smile: Amazing how (to me) it resembles his portraits.
The shapes of the ice are very intriguing, as the colour from the lilies. If i had to change anything it would be that dark spot on the left side, not a huge deal because my eyes are still draw to the shapes of the figure.

What a find, thanks for sharing.

What lovely and harmonious colors. The ice in my backyard is thick river ice, so this transparent world below is a treat. Other than the tiny crop suggested by João, I can’t think how to improve it. If you have others, consider framing them together or combining in a triptych or collage. Mesmerizing.

Mark, I’m enjoying your ice pictures. Love the colors and patterns you captured in this shot. I can see why you rotated it to vertical. Amazing shot! :+1: :+1:

This looks like reflective foil, rather than ice; or maybe light shining through a cut-glass bowl. I do find that little dark blob mid-way along the left edge a bit distracting, but that’s a nit.

Mark: One of your best ice abstracts and that’s saying a lot. Beautiful colors and shapes. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Beautiful colors, Mark. Don’t you just love how Mother Nature seems to work this out. The abstract quality keeps me looking for more. Very nicely done.

@Mark_Seaver - This is a beautiful abstract. The colors and shapes are lovely. I don’t think I would have thought of rotating the image. This looks like a wall image. :slight_smile: