Interstellar

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

My whole family are ice skaters (hockey & figure skaters). I can do it, but prefer my kick sled on the black ice of one of our mountain lakes, with my camera pack loaded to it. This particular lake emits methane bubbles, and as they rise to the surface as it’s freezing - voila - unending camera play on my hands and knees while everyone else swirls and twirls around me shouting out their glee. We’re all happy. The only danger being flying hockey pucks…

Specific Feedback

what does it remind you of?

Technical Details

1/200, f/5.6, 1000 ISO handheld, 50mm

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
2 Likes

Connie, this is just stunning!
The patterns, shapes and bubbles are mesmerizing, with endless areas for the eye to explore. Great job getting perfectly parallel so all is sharp.
Not the slightest nit from me - wish it were mine!

Connie: What a galaxy this is! I’m glad you’re not a skater. One thing I really like about images like this is they are 100% unique and can never be duplicated. Well seen, composed and captured. >=))>

2 Likes

This is truly incredible Connie. It looks like a bunch of intricate coins on a table top, or cosmic gears of some kind. Fascinating and it requires your eyes to keep moving to take it all in.

1 Like

What a great image Connie. I love that there are bubbles of all sizes as your eyes work their way through this image. And they form different layers too.

1 Like

Wonderful!!! I can only echo all the praise above – being late saves a lot of typing! Perfect for B/W! Blur it and you have an astro shot of a nebula!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your engaged comments. It makes me so happy to hear your appreciation.

A stellar image ! Mesmerising , I keep looking into it to see what I can see!

1 Like