Late colors, first frost

Any

What technical feedback would you like if any? I did edit a lot in photoshop with TK Actions, I am curious for this result and opinions about it.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Always welkom

Any pertinent technical details: iso 100 F11 1/6

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very nice, again. Colors are splendid and I love the mist in the background. I see you opted for having the tree not fully in the frame, and I like this view, gives - at least to me - a feeling of continuity… Maybe, maybe, a little less foreground in the lower portion… Could lead to a better balance of masses. In any case, I like this image very much.
Antonello

1 Like

Ben: Marvelous color palette and mood. I like this as is and could also see a near-pano crop eliminating the sky. Most excellent.>=))>

1 Like

The compositions works well here Ben, and I like the overall effect and mood. There is some fringing (masks?) around the upper parts of the tree that would be good to tighten, and the color seems to have started to blotch a tad in areas (yellow just left of the base of the tree, and red in the shadowy trunk areas).

1 Like

I am learning so much of your critiques, thank you all !!

To my tastes, the greens are too saturated. I think the story here is the mood created by the mist and the light. It looks backlit (going by the brightness in the sky), so I would expect the near side of the tree and the foreground to be dimmer, with the viewer’s eye being drawn through and around the tree into the light and the mist. Just because you can lighten up the foreground and increase the saturation doesn’t mean you should.

Sorry if this critique seems too harsh.

I am 71 and still learning Rick . So I am happy with your critique and find it not harsh.