Mini Rainbow + Repost

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I would have loved a big arching rainbow, but sometimes you just have to take what you are presented with. This was taken from Sunset Hill in Sugar Hill, NH after the rain clouds started to clear out a bit. Over the years this location has produced numerous sunrise/sunset images that I am quite fond of.

Specific Feedback

All C&C is always welcome.

Technical Details

Nikon Z7, Nikon 24-200 @ 200mm, f 11 @ 1/30 sec, ISO 100, Kase magnetic CPL, cable release & tripod. I cropped a little from both the right and left sides as the 200 was not quite long enough.

1 Like

Ed, a wonderful touch of color with this small rainbow burst. I’m a bit envious of all that greenery in the scene. A gorgeous view from your vantage point here… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ed,

Indeed a beautiful view and image capture. My first thought certainly wasn’t a “mini” rainbow, in fact, this looks like just a small section of a ginormous rainbow! Reminds of the line from “Twister,” “…it’s at least a mile wide…!” :slight_smile:

Love the sky as well, especially the little, low-hanging clouds. Just had to be one of those “moments in time” you’ll aways remember.

The only nit/feedback I have might be to burn down or otherwise mitigate the brighter tree tops in the LL. I don’t think cropping any further would work, but you could pretty easily darken that to keep the eye towards the main subject.

Great to see some image posts from you!

Lon

1 Like

Thanks for you thoughts @Paul_Breitkreuz and @Lon_Overacker; always appreciated. Here is a repost with your suggestion Lon.

@Paul_Breitkreuz : That was the extent of the rainbow, but I will take it as I do not think I have ever captured a rainbow before. :disappointed:The greens were pretty nice due to the rains NH was having at the time.

@Lon_Overacker : The sky and light were pretty nice and believe me I was looking for that ginormous rainbow. :grinning: I slightly burned down that bright tree in the LLC. Any better?

Subtle, but yes looks better to me. Thanks for taking the time and consideration Ed!

1 Like