More Death Valley Layers

From two years ago. I still enjoy this one.

What technical feedback would you like if any? What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything that strikes you.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Single image, d3100, 80mm, f/8, 1/13s, must have been on a tripod.

2 Likes

Bonnie, yes, this is quite dramatic with the strong contrast and the brightness of the wash winding through. Easy to see why this is a favorite.

Wow, this works great as a B&W Bonnie. Emotionally, a very ominous and stark setting. The ridges provide nice leading lines into the wash and I’m enjoying all the detail and gradations in the rock faces. Quite a dynamic range in this scene but I think you exposed it as well as possible!

Thanks, @Mark_Seaver and @Jim_Lockhart.

Thank you, Jim, but the DR was imparted in PS. Getting a good exposure was really easy, as the scene was evenly lit and the hills were all shades of beige and tan. The drama is all in my imagination. :wink:

i compliment your contrast processing, especially the way the wash is so intensely bright and yet filled with exquisite details!

Terrific leading line with the highlighted dry wash pulling the eye through the scene. Black and white is perfect for this image! Love the dark and moody hills contrasting with the bright wash.

Bonnie: Shades of Mordor here! Superb conversion and really good comp. Most excellent. >=))>

Splendid image! Comes out as an old print… It is fascinating and subtly obscure and worrysome… Very nice!

I can see why Bonnie! this is outstanding! So glad I took a peek in the WC!

A very compelling image, Bonnie. I saw the note that the drama was all in your imagination and I applaud your ability to manipulate the light to bring that drama out.

Thank you, @marian, @David_Haynes, @Bill_Fach, @Antonello_Provenzale, @Lon_Overacker, and @Dennis_Plank for your comments. I’m glad you all liked it.