Northern Mockingbird

Was getting in my car to head to work, while enjoying the song this one was belting out, when I realized I had my camera in the car. This one hangs around our neighborhood regularly.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Sony RX10 IV - 1/1250, f/4, 100 ISO, 600mm equivalent

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Edited in On1 Perfect Effects

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I like the photo very much but, I have to say, I have a real love/hate thing with Mockingbirds. They can really be pests when they decide to sing their brains out right outside our bedroom window in the middle of the night. Daytime cool, nighttime not cool. Nice capture.

Excellent light and detail. Nicely composed.
I would cut back the blue saturation a little and probably raise the exposure a hair. There is a little noise in the background which could be easily removed.

Nice detail in the Mockingbird and I like the singing pose, Dan. The vegetation frames it nicely. To my eye, the sky seems more intense than reality which I think may just be exposure. I think you could bring it up a bit, though the white patches might need to be managed.

A very good image.

Thanks much for the feedback @Dave_Douglass @David_Schoen @Dennis_Plank - the sky in my capture was even darker blue than my completed edit . . . but I guess I didn’t go light enough :blush: