Onalog Landing

A juvenile Bald Eagle landing on a driftwood log that’s anchored in the mud as the tide comes in. The water was only an inch or two deep and made for a good reflection plus the mud stalactites under the log added some interest so I zoomed out to get the whole scene rather than a close-up of the eagle.

Best if viewed large.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is appreciated

Technical Details

Sony a6500, SEL200600G @ 600mm (900mm w/crop factor), ISO-640, f/6.3, 1/3200, hand held. Cropped to more of a panorama for composition.

3 Likes

Gary, this is a really neat shot of this juvenile eagle landing on that driftwood. Perfect timing. I also like how the mud his handing from the log, and that rippled reflection is nice.

Nice landing shot-I like how one foot is still in the air. I agree the mud stalactites add interest-it sort of reinforces the downward motion of the eagle. I also like how the image is composed.

A unique image of an eagle. The action captured is really nice. Your composition for this is great. Just love that long driftwood log and the way you used it. Nice image.

Hi Gary
a very nice looking juvenile, you did very good job o the exposure, bring out the brown and white feather detail. Nice framing.
Peter

Well composed image with wonderful environmental setting. Good job on the details.