Rain splashing in my Pond

I enjoy shooting the effects of rain on my backyard pond. In this case it was raining very hard providing lots of rebound splashing. (R5, 100-500 @ 1/20 s, f/13, iso 800, tripod and raincoats)

4 Likes

Mark, excellent stop action take here. The multitude of various sizes & numbers, of the drops makes the scene work very nicely… :+1:

Surreal image Mark. It reminds me of a creature from a Bosch painting. Like @Paul_Breitkreuz mentioned great job on the timing for the drops.

Fun shot, Mark. I like the colors in the BG and the little rain drops. The two leaves connected together make it interesting.

Very interesting scene. I think you can move the tint slider away from the magenta a tad and crop off some of the right side to draw more attention towards the leaves and the left side of the frame.

What a super neat shot, Mark! I love the shape of the leaf, and the water puddling up on it, and then it being encircled by the standing water with the multitude of rain drops of various sizes and shapes, makes this a really cool shot. The shutter speed was perfect to catch some of the droplets bouncing upwards. Glad you used your raincoat. I’m sure this wasn’t a run grab the shot, but seems well worth the effort. I’m enjoying it.