Rising Sun

One of the first signs of spring is the budding of our redbud trees. This variety is known as a Rising Sun Redbud. There is about a 10-14 day window each spring where the leaves are just emerging and the buds are still prolific giving this nice yellow/purple color palette. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A77II
Sony 70-400GII @ 360mm
ISO 400, 1/200 @ f16

1 Like

The colors are so striking and complimentary. The flowers remind me of the giant honey locust tree’s blossoms. The leaves are completely different though. Do you have any frames with a bit more room around the leaves to the left? I think they could benefit from some space. I love the range of colors in them. Do they turn green like the one in the back or is it the other way around?

Also, I think this image could work as a stack with the flowers in focus, too.

Gorgeous colors and shapes! I could vote for a bit more room on the sides, too. This would be wonderful for a focus stack, at least on the leaves.

Bill, spring Redbuds (leaves and flowers) are a local favorite also. This is a fine look, combining both the fresh leaf colors and the flowers. Your focus choice emphasizes the leaves nicely while the slightly soft flowers add well to the environment. (My Redbuds are barely showing buds…)

Classic spring colors around our area, too. The redbuds are just getting going here. This is nicely composed to show their distinctive colors.