Ruby-Throated Hummingbird

Keep Smiling

Eyeing you

Sitting Tall

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Photos were taken in my backyard which is my happy place. I am lucky to be able to have a variety of birds and wildlife visit our yard in Iowa.

Specific Feedback

General feedback is welcome. I am always looking for ways to improve my photography.

Technical Details

Photos were taken with Canon R6, Canon 100-500 mm. Basic processing through LR and cropped.

I love these photos. The colors are nice and vibrant and I especially like the composition. The photo of the cardinal (Keep Smiling) doesn’t look as sharp as the other photos. I do like the way he is positioned between the branches.

Thank you for your feedback.

Wow, what a nice little collection of wildlife images you have here Terry! Very nice settings for each and the dragonfly is especially sharp; the cardinal not so much. Nicely blurred backgrounds don’t compete for attention, and I like the slightly blurred hummingbird wings, indicating a hint of movement. Nice pose of the Baltimore Oriole (?) too.

Thank you for your feedback.

Terry,
I can see why your backyard is your happy place with this nice collection of wildlife. The BG’s are nicely OOF and do not compete with the main subject for attention. I particularly like the first two of the hummingbird and dragonfly as they are nice and sharp. To bad about the male cardinal not being sharp as it is so bright and colorful. Do you have any others of the cardinal?

Thank you for your feedback. I do have others with cardinals. I will have to go through them. Happy Holidays