Sanderling

One of my favoriete subjects: the Sanderling. This week my Skimmer ground pod arrived, so yesterday morning when the light seemed nice, I ventured out to the beach to give it a try. So far, so good I’d say… Thanks for any feedback. Cheers, Hans

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Nikon D500 with 500mm f4 | 1/2000s | f6.3 | ISO250 | underexposed 2/3EV | from groundpod

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very nice. The low angle and the shells really help convey the message for this image. I like it very much.

Nicely done Hans. I like the shells surrounding the bird and the DOF works well. Fine details and exposure. Very nice.

A nice look at the Sanderling and the shells make this image for me.

Excellent job on the Sanderling, Hans. I like the beach you chose with the nice array of shells.

Hans, this is really nice. Getting down low, and having those shells on the beach really sets this image off, in my opinion.

Very pleasing image with muted colors and soft light, Hans. The low angle and shallow dof accentuate the sanderling. Underexposing this makes the subject stand out well. The dispersed shells add a nice dimension to this image. Excellent use of the ground pod.