Sediment in Motion: The Artist Within

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The dark, curving impression etched into the stone’s face mirrors a painter’s decisive final sweep, a spontaneous and flowing motion captured in time. It’s a natural convergence of sediment and time, an organic masterpiece where the earth itself has taken on the role of the artist, using elements and erosion as its tools to sculpt an enduring testament to the artistry inherent in the natural world.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

100 mm at ISO 320 and 1⁄1000sec at ƒ/8

Very cool curves and patterns in this one, Saundie. The leaf shaped dark area in the lower left adds an interesting interruption to the flow that I find myself liking.

Amazing shapes and textures Saundie. I’m seeing a tornado or dust devil. This is another great addition to your sediment series. It’s interesting how the to section feels concave but the bottom section feels raised. This gives the image a wonderful depth to it.

@Alfredo_Mora @Dennis_Plank

Thanks for the feedback! Love hearing what you see in these abstracts! :+1:

These are so cool. The interplay of the weathering pattern and sediment laminations makes it look like a composite. I could see a rotation, 90 degrees clockwise, so the “blob” would seem to be moving upward.