Simplicity 2.0

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

This is similar to a photo I posted in Photo Art. I used my macro 100 mm lens at a botanical garden, it was the day after a rain, and I was captivated by these grasses and the bokeh from the rain.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Kathy, the bokeh is indeed very nice. I especially like the mix of oof colors. I find shots like this very challenging in terms of trying to balance the interest in what’s sharp and what’s oof. Your single big drop and it’s perch look good but I feel like they don’t occupy enough of the frame, have you tried a vertical crop?

Kathy, I’m a big fan of bokeh so that part works well. I like that you’re focused on the central blade of grass. I’m curious if you have any of just the parts on the RHS, or maybe a simpler framing, just curious.

Kathy …its the simple images that have a max impact. The bokeh, the light and the water drops all make this beautiful comp
Balan Vinod

Kathy: This is a nice find and a marvelous capture. I like the bokeh especially. :+1::+1:>=))>

Hi Mark,
I cropped further and wonder how this one compares to the original for you?
Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, Shirley, this one works for me. The RHS looks like a good choice.

Kathy, the new crop works very well, with a nice emphasis on the big water drop while keeping the fine mix of colors.

The crop definitely puts the emphasis on the big drop, but for me, the image works better with the original post. I am enjoying too much of what else is in the frame and then gets cropped away in the tighter view. Both work, but very differently, so it is a personal preference thing. Real nice image.