Small twigs in puddle ice

While walking the back trails of a local park, I was drawn by the ice patterns in a small puddle. It was the most interesting thing I saw on my solitary walk. The next morning, it was gone- never to be repeated in the same way.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback about composition, presentation or anything welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Olympus OMD E-M1 mark II, 14-150mm, ISO 1250, f/5.6, 1/200

@Billreichphoto
1 Like

Oh wow, Bill, I am glad you saw it and captured this while it was there. I just love all the lines, shapes and patterns in this image. Well seen and captured.

1 Like

I hope I never outgrow playing in puddles. This is a fine example of the art of ice. It’s so milky that it has a quality of plastic. I like the arrangement of debris, but maybe a touch of contrast would help liven things up even more.

1 Like

Bill, the ice patterns look great, here. The bits of debris add well to the story. My personal feeling is that in most abstracts, you want fairly even lighting and contrast. That encourages the viewer to look around and around the image. In this case some burning-in of the highlights and separately the darker tones in the lower left corner would even out the viewing.

Bill: Really nice find and capture of a unique subject and moment. Well done. >=))>

1 Like

Mark, Thanks for the tips about even lighting and contrast. I’ll remember those factors going forward. Bill