Snowberry Clearwing Moth

I found this moth recently at a local community gardens.

Canon 7D2, 70-200mm f2.8 IS II, 1.4x TC III
ISO 640, f7.1, 1/800s

Any comments appreciated.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@allensparks.wildlife

A fine set of images, Allen. I like 2 and 3 a bit better because there’s a touch more sharpness in the body. The centeredness of the moth in 2 adds extra visual weight, while 3 creates a nice dynamic feeling.

All three are beautiful captures, Allen. I agree with Mark that two and three are my favorites, but all three are terrific.

Does “wow” count as a comment, Allen? These are amazing. I’ve tried to photograph these little fellows in the past and failed miserably. But these are fantastic, nicely seen and captured.

Okay, you don’t need 3 do you, can’t one of these fine images be mine??? Wonderful series of images of a not so easy subject to capture. I think 2 and 3 would be my pick as well, for the same reason Mark mentioned. They are all very nice shots, and I would be pleased to have taken them.

1 Like

Allen, This is a great series. In-flight image is outstanding. Love the others too. My favorites are 2 and 3. #2 looks sharper than 1 and #3 is a great flight capture. The flower perch is colorful and complements the background. oof background is a plus. You couldn’t have done any better on these images.

Allen: Ditto all the accolades regarding this set of images. #3 is my favorite. Superb shots. >=))>

I like the third one the best. Rich colors and a very dynamic pose work very well. The second image is almost as good, but catching the take-off seals the deal. Well done…Jim