Succulent

I just joined NPN and am posting my first image for critique. I shot it recently at a botanical garden in Hawaii with a Nikon 7000; Nikor 18-300 @300m; f6.3 1/80s; 400 ISO.

I was attracted by the graceful lines of the leaves and the play of light. I’m looking forward to comments and feedback.

1 Like

Welcome, Sheila, I am so glad that you found NPN. It is a great community of photographers, in my opinion. I have grown a lot since being a member. This is a nice frame filler, with lots of lines and shapes. The green shows up nicely against the black background.

Thanks, Shirley. It’s been great just to look at the range of images others have posted and read the critiques. I’m looking forward to being part of it.

1 Like

Very nice image for your first post. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Sheila: Welcome to NPN and thanks for a fine first post. This is a very nice play of light on the leaves and a good solid comp. Images like this also fit in Flora so you might consider others like it for that forum. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more.>=))>

1 Like

Hi Sheila,

Welcome to NPN. This is a good first post. Color looks good and the in focus areas are nice and sharp. I especially like the diffuse lighting–perfect for rich colors and high detail…Jim

1 Like

Sheila, welcome to NPN. This is a great first post. You’ve got sharpness where it’s needed and the soft light does a fine job of letting the rims of the leaves stand out. There’s a fine sense of movement and flow here.

1 Like