Wild Succulents

This is my first time posting, so hopefully I get this all figured out correctly.
I don’t take too many macro/flower photos and would like some feedback on this. Any feedback is definitely welcome!

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

Great composition. Love the subtle color changes with the curves transitioning to sharp edges. Good shot.

Kelly: Welcome to NPN and thanks for a fine first post. I like that you filled the frame with the subject and the subtle color palette. The large view shows off the fine textures in the blooms very nicely. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more. >=))>

A really nice shot, Kelly ! The subtle colours and the textures of the plant have come out perfectly. If I’m right in thinking you have used a vignette to highlight the centre I think that was a good choice, as it just gives a focal point to the composition. Look forward to seeing more.

Thank you! I appreciate it!

Thank you so much, Bill!

Thanks so much, Ian! Yes, I did use a vignette. I wasn’t sure about that choice, but thanks for letting me know it was a good one!

Hi Kelly. Welcome! I love succulents and I love this image. All the colors and textures really come through. You’ve really captured how they are so squished against each other, growing so tightly together.

Mark, thank you so much! I appreciate it!

Kelly,

Welcome to NPN! A terrific first post! Agree with some other comments on doing a great job filling the frame and the technical execution with retaining all the details and textures within that frame.

A lovely image that I’m enjoying wandering around exploring the details and colors. Speaking of which, the processing is excellent; colors, saturation, contrast all looks quite natural.

Welcome! Looking forward to more and your participation in the community.

Lon

Thank you so much for your kind words! This is an image I had taken a year ago that I had left unprocessed, thinking it wasn’t much. I’m glad I took a second glance. Thank you again!