Surrounded!- Busy (#925)

Been away from this site for awhile and happy to be back. I hope this photo fulfills the topic of the

weekly challenge. Taken about a year ago at Hammonasett State Park in CT. Sony a77II, Tamron 16-300 @ 40mm; ISO 500, f/16, 1/80, hand held. Only post processing was cloning out a piece of grass in the lower left. I wish I had given the rock a bit more room near the top. I was attracted by the sheer number of shells in this spot, seemingly trying to overwhelm the fortress rock. All comments and suggestions of any sort are welcome and thank you for viewing.

That’s an amazing shell density, Jim. I think it fits the challenge admirably. I do agree with your idea of a bit more room above the rock, but the inclusion of it makes the image for me

Jim: Great to have you back aboard and thanks for a fine post. More room above would be nice but this still works for me. I especially like the light and the subject matter. Well seen and captured. >=))>

Nicely busy but it works. Also agree about room at the top.

Whilst I agree about the room for the rock, Jim, the play of shells in and out of the shadows is delightful.

This is a wonderful collection of shells, Jim. The big rock makes a fine bit of size contrast. While I can see the possibility of a bit more room up top, I like the extra emphasis on how many shells there are that the big mass of shells at the bottom adds.

That’s quite a shell collection you have here, Jim! lots of detail to see here and definitely fits the theme. I agree with you and others about room at the top but it still works great.