Three Twins

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is great.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

4 Likes

Gorgeous, Chris. I’m curious as to how you photographed and processed it? Is the converted to black and white and then inverted? However you did it, I like the effect.

1 Like

Linda - Yes, I did convert to BW and invert. The original was rather boring and the conversion made all the difference.

The inversion made all the diference indeed.
I like how you composed it symmetrically and so well balanced.

It reminds me when i used to develop in b/w paper, we always messed around with leaf’s and stuff under the enlarger and ended up with pure black and white images, no grays at all. The processing that you did makes me go there. To me, it makes me go to some happy memories.

I wouldn’t change a thing, very interesting image.

1 Like

This is beautiful! It makes me think of being in a city at night and the trees are lit up by spotlights from below them. Great work!

1 Like

This is beautiful, Chris. I love the composition. Have never thought to invert, so now you’ve given me something to play with. You invert in Photoshop, or can I do this in Lightroom?

1 Like

Mark – I use ON1 Photo RAW for my editing.

1 Like

Chris, this is delightful. It a fine mix of stark, symmetric and playful. I don’t know if it would be good, but I try a bit of dodging along the tree tops just to bring out the smallest branches a bit. Well seen and presented. I’m totally enjoying how the visual after images from the bright trees dance along the horizon as I view.

1 Like

Thank you. I will try the dodging.

What impact, Chris. I like the design, simplicity, contrast, and inversion. Amazing!

1 Like

I second these comments, doing a photography course many years ago, we were encouraged to experiment with many techniques in the dark room, processing black and white on paper. The images created were beautiful and unique as the posted image is. This is a captivating image and yes, it does indeed bring back happy memories.

1 Like