Tilly and Rosie

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

My granddaughter and her chickens, she is the mother hen. She likes to keep them in line.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

44 mm at ISO 800 and 1⁄125sec at ƒ/8

3 Likes

I love her expression, Saundie. A great image of her, and the chickens, particularly the one in her arms, add a lot to the image.

A very folksy image and black and white version suits this one very well. I bet she keeps those chickens in line. I like the dark BG which provides some nice separation of the subject from BG. Well done…Jim

@Dennis_Plank @Jim_Zablotny

Thanks for the comments. Tilly is a force of nature and the apple of my eye. :pray:

Thanks Dennis! :pray:

I’ve been busy and just now saw this and have to add my praise – it’s a fantastic portrait with gorgeous tonalities that conveys so much about the subject! Very well done! She (and her chickens) are so fortunate, as are you!!

1 Like

Thanks Diane, yes I am very fortunate, I do wonder about the chickens some days though. :grinning:

Tilly is absolutely adorable Saundie! I have a granddaughter about that age, but she has ducks and geese at home. Love it!

1 Like

Thanks Ed, she is! Tilly would love ducks and geese… well, maybe just ducks. :slightly_smiling_face:

I only saw this today, so late to the party. Outstanding. I love everything about it - her expression, the chickens, the darkness; it is absolutely surreal and riveting. It is vaguely reminiscent of Keith Carter’s work and that’s about the highest compliment I can give.

1 Like

Just beautiful. The impression on her face, the timelessness and the way you edited the photograph. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks for the wonderful comment! It is indeed a compliment to have an image that is reminiscent of Keith Carter’s work! :pray:

Thanks Holger appreciate your comment! :pray: