Walking on the path marked by cypresses

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A location well known in the Crete senesi near Siena in Tuscany. The cypresses are the typic tree of Tuscany especially in this valley made of clay. The sun was sinking giving away its last faint light.

Specific Feedback

The image is too satureted for you?

Technical Details

Z7ii, Nikkor Z 28-75mm at 45mm - 1/10s, f/11, ISO 400.

1 Like

What an interesting image. On the one hand the trees are all so regimented and on the other the road has these free flowing curves. I find the dashed white line quite mesmerizing. I like this with the color saturation. I can also see this as a desaturated image. I can see this with significant overexposure except for the trees which remain dark. There are many other ways to go.

I’m liking the mix of greens in the foreground, the trees (of course) and the curvaceous road leading into the far distance. The clouds on the horizon and the house in the distance add well to a long sense of depth. As a minor detail, I think a bit more of the yellow sky at the top would look good, if you have it.

Gigi: Brilliant composition and capture of a marvelous scene and conditions. Bravo! >=))>

Thanks Igor Donkov I will think and work about your good suggestions.
Mark Seaver thanks for your advice I will look if I have e shot with more sky.
Bill Fach I am glad that you like this landscape photo ad not only my images of flowers.

Fascinating flow. That road really sucks you into the image. I think the saturation is spot on.

I think the saturation is exactly as it should be. I don’t think the image is about the sky so I would actually like less of the yellow in the sky so it doesn’t pull my eye. I find a great juxtaposition given that you’ve got the whimsical, curving road with those straight trees lining the road and also the bright green grass on one side of the road and more earthen brown and dried grasses on the other side of the road. This is certainly a beautiful location captured with thought and detail.

Beautiful scene and great composition, with the curving road more or less from the lower right corner of the image to the opposite one.
The saturation is good for me, and it creates the juxtaposition that @David_Haynes mentions.
Although the sky in itself is beautiful, I agree with David that you could desaturate the yellow in the sky a bit.