Walking on water

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Cleaning out my older files I came across this Snowy. The shot was taken on Sept. 23, 2021 and thought is was worthy of a post.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, 1/2000, -1.7EV, ISO 250 and cropped by 30% in DXO PhotoLab6.

Holy Egrets, Peter! :slight_smile:

This is such a clean and sharp image with wonderfully deep blue water backdropping a nice, clean white Egret.
Composition is great, Peter!

The real bonus is the walking on water part! :slight_smile:

Hi Peter, really nice look at this Snowy. Agree with Mervin - I like the overall composition with the bird framed with the dark blue water and view of both golden slippers as s/he walks about. Nice image. Glad you dug this one out of your archives.

Very cool to catch this one with just enough water on the shore to create the illusion. Excellent in all respects. Glad you dug it out of the files.

Hi Mervin, Allen & Dennis
Thank you for your kind words. She times this just fall into place.
Peter

1 Like

Excellent detail, Peter, and the egret really pops against the pleasing blue water.

Well done, Peter. I too like the fact that there is enough water over the land that it appears to be walking on water. More than that, I like the gesture of the foot - so important to give a sense of moment or action to a portrait of a bird like this.

Hi Allen & Brenda
I am glad you like the photograph.