Winter friend

I was sitting in the cold waiting for some deer and this black-capped chickadee landed in a frosty tree. I was just enjoying the scene, the winter weather, and the backlit frost. I’ve managed to get some very good traditional images with a new 200-600mm lens and now trying some different things. I’ve combined my love of birds with my love of complex textures to show the bird in the wider scene.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcome. Not sure which category to put this image in.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/1000, f/6.3, iso1000. 600mm on full frame.

2 Likes

I like this, Bryan. Wonderful textures and there’s no reason for the Chickadee to be any larger in the frame.

1 Like

This is a wonderful sense of place. The setting is really quite pleasing and the patterns on the snow covered tree limbs are exciting.

1 Like

This is a very nice habitat shot that conveys a sense of place … well done.

1 Like

A very nice frame. Great example of including the environment and providing context for the scene. Nice. placement of the bird in the frame as well. I like it.

1 Like

The icy trees here are simply stunning, especially as seen in the large version. The icy edge details show so well set against the warm bark textures and the grays in the BG. The image quality is superb! The little Chickadee is a lovely grace note, but for me the image is about the trees. I think this is a classic print (large) and hang!

1 Like