Wonder of Worthington

This category leaves it wide open for me as my wallpaper is a slideshow that changes every 1 minute from a folder holding over 1600 of my photos! It runs ~27 hours before repeating any photo. Therefore the question was where to start!

This one is a favorite that I never get tired of looking at. It is the Worthington Glacier which is roughly 30 miles out of Valdez, Alaska (near Thompson Pass). It is 30 photos (3 rows of 10 vertical) stitched, shot a long time ago with a 10 mp Sony-R1 camera. Unfortunately, this view will never be the same again, as the local power company ran a line of monstrous steel power poles directly down the center of this view :frowning:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Gorgeous photo Gary. I can certainly see why it would be a favorite and also very sad to hear about the power poles :cry: . . … .they seem to be everywhere these days.

Gary, I’ll second the thought of “where to start” as this is a wide open category, “what ever makes you feel good”. This is a wonderfully inviting view. The mix of green foliage, winding stream, glaciated mountains and an outstanding sky generate a terrific “wish I was there” feeling. Amazingly sad about the power line, disrupting such a lovely place.

A lovely, inviting view, Gary, taking your eye into the distance at the far L, which I like the idea of very much. Could certainly work for me as wallpaper.

Gary: Definitely makes me want to be there. We did not get down to the Valdez area on our Alaska trip so this is a treat. An image worthy of the effort. >=))>