Wood Anemone

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 200, 1/4000 @ f5.6, ISO400

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

A shot from a couple of years ago which I never posted. Managed to isolate this one from a patch of them in an old country estate.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Ian: I love the play of light and shadow on the flower. Simple and beautiful. Most excellent. >=))>

Ian, you separated this one flower very well. I’m enjoying the shadows of the stamen and the clean whites of the petals.

Ha, here it is! One of my favourite spring flowers, not always easy to picture… Beautifully simple and well-built image… Very nice. (ps do you also have the hepatica in the same area?)

Thank you @Antonello_Provenzale for the kind comment. We do have hepatica in the UK but I have personally not seen them in my region.

Ian,

Lovely image and capture. I too especially am drawn to the shadows on the pedals. The texture throughout the flower is quite wonderful and of course the bg creates great separation.

Only minor comment would be to somehow mitigate the oof “glow” at the bottom of the stem. Not a huge deal, but maybe even a color shift a bit towards green or something to carry the other colors to that area. Minor enough though.

Lon