Y Not?

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Our little succulent garden continues to produce some interesting mini flowers. These are the same blooms that I posted a few weeks ago. The BG is a mass of small barrel cacti. All of these little guys seem to enjoy the high temperatures we’ve had recently. Just a sip of water every day makes them happy. All comments welcome. >=))>

Specific Feedback

This is a single capture vs the stack I used on the original post. Comments about the balance between sharp subject and oof BG most welcome.

Technical Details

Sony A7R3
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 1600 (set for shooting butterflies) 1/100 @ f16
LR AI denoise

Bill, what is not to love about it might be a better question. I love the Y shape it has, and I am enjoying the oof cacti in the BG. It really works for me. It is hot and smokie here today. I went for my morning walk and had to cut it short. I have been feeling for you all in TX where it is extreme heat. Glad you were able to get out and get this shot. I slipped out for a bit just now and a DF posed for me, so going to stay inside and work on it maybe.

1 Like

Outstanding one here, Bill. Just really enjoying this image a lot. The DOF works really nicely overall. The a bit subdued or shaded lighting is a real plus too… :sunglasses:

Lovely capture, Bill with great detail in the little succulent. The OOF background really makes the flowers pop! We have a similar succulent here but it is not fairing in this heat as well as yours. Nicely done.

In southern New England there is a grocery store chain called Big Y and this reminds me of the script they use in signage. Funny. But what a terrific looking plant and arrangement of plants you have in frame. All the shapes and colors are intriguing, but you have the star prominently placed. Beauteous.

The colors stand out nicely in this one. Your succulent garden will provide a lot of good subject matter.