Bumble digging in Updated

Update:

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

There is a short window when these bumbles invade the botanical gardens. I liked the background color, flower and the type of bee this one is.

Specific Feedback

Lighting was harsh. I did a square crop, I was at a distance. Suggestions welcome

Technical Details

r6ii rf100-400 at 400 1/640 f/10 ISO 1600. The r7 may have been a better camera or the 100-500. I did crop a bit.

1 Like

Hi Dean, I like your picture very much, you have chosen the best moment, the bumble has a good sharpness, in particular the wings.
The colors are naturel, the background has a right blur. Maybe will a crop left and right makes your picture focus more at the bumble.

Excellent, Dean. That bumblebee is incredibly sharp. I could see playing with the crop, but this one works well for me. You might want to play with bringing up the shadows a bit, particularly on the bee.

Super nice, Dean. You captured it where the bee’s eye shows between the flower. It could use some brightening, as @Dennis_Plank mentioned. That is one sharp bee. As @HennyJA mentioned, the BG has a nice blur. I think when you bring up the shadows on the bee it will stand out even better. So are you getting bees to photograph this time of year? That would sure be nice.

This is a great shot Dean. Amazing detail in the fur. Nice colors and really nice blurred BG. I really like the eye between the petals getting into the nectar here.

Thank you for the feedback, @Shirley_Freeman , @Dennis_Plank , @Ed_Williams , @HennyJA. I was attracted to the eye as well in this photo. I made a couple of changes that I believe helped using your feedback.

I like the changes, Dean. They really make the image special.

Dean: Your expertise with bees is apparent here. I like the original and the subtle refinements make a fine image even better. Most excellent. >=))>

A very fine result, all my attention is going to the bumble now. Well done, Dean.

Dean, I like the update. Nicely done.

Update works for me. Nice focus with natural colors and an interesting BG too. Well done…Jim