In The Pink

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

While snooping around in the garden yesterday evening I noticed something green in the center of this Pinata rose. It was pretty breezy so I bumped the ISO and let the AF and high speed shutter firing do the rest. Threw away over 30 shots to get two really good keepers and a few more close ones. All comments welcome. >=))>

Specific Feedback

I’m pretty pleased with this image considering the conditions. Would have preferred more DOF to get all of the flower center sharp but felt that the sharpness of the spider carried the day.

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 1600, 1/250 @ f11
Cropped about 10% for comp

3 Likes

Hey Bill, nice to see you got some time in the garden with a wee friend. It stands out beautifully and has, like you say, enough detail to carry the focal point of the photo. Looks like a Lynx spider. Tiny bees beware! Other than toning down the petal on the left that’s curving toward the camera, I think this looks pretty dandy.

Hi Bill,

I agree, the sharpness on the center of the flower and the spider are what carries the image.
The contrast between the green colored spider and the peach colored flower really sets it off.

Love the textures and the soft lighting, too! :slight_smile:

I’m glad you had the time to get out in the garden with your camera so you could capture and share this beauty with us! :slight_smile:

I think Kris is right about this being a Green Lynx Spider.

I hope all is well!

I always enjoy your artistic work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bill …i like this as is. The color contrast between the Green Lynx and the flower. Beautifully done

Balan Vinod

Bill, so glad you were able to get out and shoot too. I managed to go to the NWR twice while we were up at the camper and it was so nice. Not as many birds as usual but at least I was there with my friend Donna and shooting.

I like this shot. The color contrast makes it for me. It makes the Lynx stand out nicely.

Agree with all the positives above - and I think getting the legs sharp (difficult) is an additional achievement! Super shot.