Sharing is caring!

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Always love observing osprey behavior and I was lucky enough to catch this moment of a juvenile being fed last July along the CT shoreline.

Specific Feedback

All comments and suggestions are welcome and thanks for viewing.

Technical Details

Fuji X-H2, XF70-300 with 1.4 convertor (630mm equiv.), ISO 400, f/8, 1/500s, HH. Cropped, with exposure, contrast, and sharpness adjusted in post.

1 Like

Jim, this is a wonderful story telling scene. And yes, osprey are truly a favorite of mine as well… :+1:
The only thoughts for change is possibly turning down the highlights. I use many tools to bring those under control. So it can be truly your personal thoughts on that approach. Many times just using Exposure > Gamma can help out there… :thinking:

Aren’t they a beautiful bird to come upon? I’ve seen a few of them here in Washington and always enjoy just sitting and watching them fly in and out of the nest. Such a special moment you captured, I can see why it is a 2023 favorite.

Jim: My wife and I were lucky enough to see this same kind of behavior on a trip to Canada in 2009 in a nest on a bridge over the Bow River just north of Banff. We were delighted to find the nest still active on a subsequent trip in 2016. These are magnificent birds and apparently pretty good parents. Wonderful capture of a special moment. >=))>

@Paul_Breitkreuz , @Bill_Fach , and @Judi_Hastings , thank you for your encouraging comments and advice; I will try out your Gamma suggestion Paul.